Sunday 7 February 2010

Day Twenty Eight

I woke up today and walked outside to head to the shower, and was hit by cold, blustery winds and snowflakes hitting me in the face. How does it go from 60 degrees to 30 degrees in one day? I thought the further away from December we get, the better the weather is supposed to be? This isn't a good sign.

We went to the ANA camp and there was an exercise going on. Rohullah Amin got called out to go to the ANA Command Post, where LtCol Niem was. Apparently, they were having a morning briefing with General Murad. I decided to go over there, since Rohullah Amin was over there.

I saw him when I got there, videotaping what was going on while he had the still camera around his neck. I swear, no one else does anything in their office. I went up to him and grabbed the still camera off his neck so he could videotape and not worry about stills. I went around and shot some still photos of the briefing and got some decent shots that Sandy submitted to various places.

After the briefing, we went back to the ANA PA office and did some training on Photoshop. Chris and I showed Rohullah Amin how to do a bunch of things in photoshop with photos. Rohullah Amin did pretty good, as he was able demonstrate rather well what we had showed him. That was a good thing.

We left the ANA office and went back to our office. I brought Bari, our interpreter, with us so he could go through my tape of the boot camp graduation and translate what General Murad had said during the ceremony. Once he got that done, I was able to record him saying it in English so I could use that over General Murad's video. Editing the video together was interesting, as I had to piece together every part just right. I worked on that for a little while, then decided I was going to hit the gym.

After my eight mile run yesterday, Chris must've felt the "heat," as he came in with his own ten mile number today. I had cut into his lead good and then he goes and runs ten miles? WOW. I prepared myself mentally to run at least what I had run yesterday. Long story short...I ran ten miles myself today. The first seven miles were ok, but the last three were brutal. Normally, I can space out listening to my iPod and the run doesn't seem so bad. The last couple minutes of this ten mile run were killers. I couldn't space out, as I could think about was my aching legs. Seeing the words "COOLDOWN" come up on the treadmill was amazing. I felt pretty good afterwards, and glad I had done it. I discovered that I have what's called "runner's knee," after much more research and talking to medical folks. I need to do some stretching and stuff like that to get it feeling better. That sure is alot better than having a "sprain" of some sort. Either way, it hurts and it's now in BOTH knees.

After the run, I went to take a shower and back to the office to work on my video. I got it done for the most part, but just have a couple things to throw in there still. The Super Bowl will be on here in a few hours, so I'll pick up the blog for tomorrow with that since it will be 4am here. I'm rooting for Peyton and the Colts!

No comments:

Post a Comment