Wednesday 10 February 2010

Day Thirty One

Well, it’s definitely not getting any warmer here. It’s not often that I wear multiple layers of clothing to bed at night, but I sure did that last night. It was one of those nights where you laid on your stomach with both arms underneath you. If you stayed absolutely still, you could get warm…but if you moved at all…even an inch…you’d get cold again. You just gotta love it when you sleep in a hut that’s 30 degrees, with only two space heaters in it that have no business trying to heat an area that size.

We went over to the ANA camp where I was able to conduct some video editing training with Rohullah Amin. I showed him how to capture footage from the camera and digitize it to the computer. He didn’t do too bad on his own, but did have a couple problems along the way. I’d say it was pretty successful training though, considering the magnitude of what he learned and how fast I “forced” him to learn it. I’ll continue to reinforce things with him as we go along, until it becomes habit and he gets used to it.

In the middle of our training, he got called out to go document the After Action Review wrap-up of the exercise the ANA has been going through. Of course, Rohullah Amin grabs a video camera and a still camera, while others just stand around in the office. We still have to work on that. I was a little frustrated, as we were in the middle of training, but I just grabbed a still camera myself and went over to shoot photos, while standing by Rohullah Amin’s side training more on shooting video. From what I heard, the ANA as a whole did very well in the exercise. That was good to hear. The more they practice and plan, the better prepared they will be to defend themselves on their own in the future.

That was pretty much the end of our day over at the ANA camp. We came back to our camp at had lunch and worked on the new Facebook and YouTube sites we’re building for our work here in the region. The internet was crazy, as it didn’t work for most of the day and caused us many problems.

I decided not to run today, as my knees are pretty sore. This “runner’s knee” thing doesn’t sound too serious, but I do have to take it easy for a little while, and do some stretching to help get things back to normal.

Not too much else to talk about. Tomorrow’s a half day and I assume we’ll get no training done. Here’s hoping that something happens that will surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment